maandag 21 oktober 2013

Other influences

Last weekend, was quite busy: Saturday 19th of October I participated the MTB duathlon in Lembeke (3,2km run - 20km bike - 1,6km run) and on Sunday the Omega Pharma Davitamon 10km run.
The past two weeks were rather inactive because of an injury on my foot due to a lack of training in preparation for the duathlon in Wetteren on September 29th. No great expectations I had!


I just wanted to look and see how everything was going. A real sprint duathlon is more intensive and hard to get the right rhythm. I have to train more precise to obtain a better result in future sprint duathlon.
Afterall I was not that dissatisfied and got up to a 20th place overall and a 9th time overall in the bike part.
http://uitslagen.3athlon.be/pdffiles/2013/lembeke2013/20131019-lembeke.pdf

Sunday I was present in Nazareth for the second time to run the Davitamon 10km. Last year, with more running preparation, I finished after 40min44sec and became 45th overall.
A similar result would be nice, also knowing I had a rough day before. I didn't start too fast, to avoid a breakdown at the end, like last year during the final kilometer. I ran a smart race, taking into account the crosswind and finished after 38min53sec and a 31th place on 667 participants. Almost two minutes faster. Didn't expect that at all! It's also nice to look at the finish video when clicking the participant's name.
http://www.omegapharmahalvemarathon.be/easycms/uitslagen