vrijdag 25 juli 2014

Thinking about Jurgen

2014 isn't the year how we expect it would be: Transalp 2013 poisoned Edith her grandfondo future until today. Every day working to retrieve the power and the dream to pick up riding again.

I also had some issues: in April I caught an infection: 10 days in bed and no power to get up. I could start over again regaining my health and cycling condition. I did ride 3 Ballons and La Cannibale du Mont Ventoux, but realized something was wrong again.




Blood test confirmed: the infection had taken over again hypodermic and forced me to stop all my physical activities to avoid worse. If this infection contaminate human most important muscle, the heart, the consequences would be lethal.
After a rest period and relaxing in our beloved mountains the blood results showed this week that I could start over again..at last!





When I saw Jurgen Van Den Broeck riding his bike yesterday in TdF, I was thinking of my feeling during 3 Ballons and La Cannibale: you can force your body for a few days, but in the end your body is in charge.

Again, I realized the importance taking care of your body and how important a human his health is. Everybody realizes this importance at certain moments (illness, health problems friends or family, ...) but past year and period, these thoughts aren't latent anymore. They are always on my mind.